Mesquite Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, and Survivor Damages in Mesquite & Dallas County, Texas
Injuries caused by the negligence of someone else give you a right to recover monetary damages to compensate you for your losses. However, if you or a loved one has suffered an injury, you likely know that money alone often cannot fully compensate for personal injury losses. Be that as it may, money is the only legal remedy available in these difficult situations and you should receive monetary damages for your loss. Mesquite personal injury lawyers and Mesquite wrongful death lawyers are experienced in assessing monetary awards and know what type of a settlement or award you might be able to expect from your claim.
When determining the value of a Mesquite personal injury case, you must first consider the type and degree of loss or injury involved. The most severe loss is death, and there is a body of law dealing specifically with death. For more information on Mesquite wrongful death claims, visit our Wrongful Death Damages page, or view the brief summary of wrongful death law below. Although death is one of the most tragic types of losses, many other personal injury claims can be devastating on an individual or an entire family. Mesquite personal injury lawyers deal with all types of injury and accident cases, and know what types of damages you might expect to recover in your situation. Contact one of the qualified Mesquite personal injury lawyers listed on this page to discuss your options.
Mesquite Wrongful Death Lawyer
When someone is killed and the surviving family members believe a lawsuit may be in order, a Mesquite wrongful death lawyer can help them assess the legal issues and prepare necessary documents and expert witnesses for trial. A Mesquite wrongful death attorney will first assess who the proper parties are to make a claim.
The following are some of the people who commonly file Mesquite wrongful death actions:
- Parents; and
The Estate for:
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death;
- Funeral expenses;
- Damages for conscious pain and suffering just prior to death; and
- Sometimes Punitive Damages
What Are the Types of Damages Available When Someone is Killed in Mesquite?
Mesquite area claimants are entitled to damages for:
- Mental Anguish Attorney;
- Loss of Companionship;
- Loss of society and companionship;
- Mental anguish for the death of a minor child.
- Pecuniary Losses (Economic Losses)
Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress or Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
In some cases, Mesquite families may be put through severe emotional trauma and anguish due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional wrongdoing of another party. When this occurs, a Mesquite personal injury attorney can help them pursue a claim for Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress (NIED) or Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress (IIED).
Contact a Mesquite personal injury attorney or Dallas County wrongful death attorney today to discuss your legal rights and remedies. Click here for more information on Texas wrongful death claims and damages.
What are some common types of injuries for which Mesquite and Dallas County residents may be compensated?
(1) Death — Obviously the most severe injury is death and compensation for wrongful death is, of course, available to bereaved family members. However, sometimes death is not instantaneous and additional compensation may be available. Whether a decedent suffered consciously prior to death is a very important area of investigation for the Mesquite personal injury law firm.
(2) Back, Neck, & Spinal Injuries — Spinal injuries are the most common injuries seen in car accidents and work related injuries. Spinal injuries are best treated by an orthopedic surgeon but neurosurgeons may also treat the spine, though they tend to concentrate more heavily on the cervical (neck) region rather than the lumbar (lower back) region. In Mesquite, there are also an abundance of chiropractors, and, in less severe cases, they may treat the injured victim. Spinal injuries can include:
- Whiplash or back and neck strain.
- Herniated Discs
- Paraplegia or Quadriplegia
(3) Brain Injuries — Brain Injuries range from extremely noticeable to very minor; however, despite the severity of the brain injury, it can affect your ability to perform a variety of daily tasks. Memory, motor function, or other complicated neurological processes may be compromised or fully destroyed.
(4) Burn Injuries
Mesquite personal injury attorneys and Mesquite wrongful death attorneys represent clients, in claims involving wide range of burn injuries which can happen anytime, anywhere in Mesquite and they can change a person's life forever, leaving painful, difficult-to-mask scar tissue and, many times, requiring painful skin grafts. Mesquite Burn Injury Attorneys can help if you or a family member has been burnt.
If a friend has lost a loved one, send some flowers to let them know they are in your thoughts
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Attorneys Serve Mesquite and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Addison, Audelia, Balch Springs, Cedar Hill, Carrollton, Centerville, Cockrell Hill, Coppell, Crandall, Dallas, Dalrock, DeSoto, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Forney, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grand Prairie, Heath, Hutchins, Irving, Kaufman, Lancaster, Mesquite, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, Terrell, Trinity Mills, University Park, Wilmer and other communities in Dallas County.
Dallas County personal injury attorneys and Mesquite wrongful death attorneys will zealously pursue your case through settlement negotiations or a trial. Call now for an explanation of your legal rights and options.